Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dude... Shutup.

I deleted my last post because it was a lot of bitching that neither helps nor changes anything and I felt like a brat. However, I am still quite bitter today and I saw something on the way to my account that pissed me off. I don't know how those tweets are chosen that you see while you are logging in, but most of them make me sick. Except the funny ones, or the informative ones, I can roll with that. It's the advice ones that always rub me the wrong way. Or the stupid love quotes and crap like that. Who chooses these things for us to be forced to read while we log in? I, again, say I obviously don't know. But I'm going to focus all my pent up bitterness onto the tweet I read on my way here. 

It was from a man and it went something like this: I love to laugh at ladies who wear too much makeup. Y'all shouldn't look like you got in a fight with 64 crayons.

That's not the exact quote, but pretty close. And he owes me for correcting his grammar and spelling. Dude: Who made you the makeup master? Who put you in charge of deciding what everyone should do or look like? How do you feel qualified to judge for all of us? And the biggest question that you've probably never asked yourself is this: "Wait a minute... Is it possible that every woman on the planet is not aiming to please me?"

Women (and some men) wear makeup for a lot of different reasons. But dude: I can promise you this - I have never spent time in front of the mirror worrying whether or not you would approve of my eye shadow. I wear what I want, when I want, and for whatever reason I want. If I leave the house in full-on clown makeup to go to a wedding, I don't suppose that's any of your business and again, I can assure you, whatever my reasoning was for wearing full-on clown makeup to a wedding, or perhaps to a funeral, to a business meeting, to the grocery store, whatever... it had nothing to do with you.

So, in closing, I say to you, dude, self-proclaimed Earl of Makeup, Shutup.

No comments:

Post a Comment